Shimmi Dresses ("we", "us", "our") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
What data do we collect?
Information we collect and may use include your name, address, email address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph, interests, links to your accounts with third party applications such as Facebook and Google.
How do we collect your data?
You may give us information about you by registering, placing an order, submitting a form, subscribing to communications, visiting our website via your browser’s cookies or corresponding with us via email or otherwise.
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on our Site. We are also working closely with third parties including advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers, and may receive information about you from them.
How will we use your data?
We will only collect and process your personal data where we have a legal basis to do so. As a data controller, the legal basis for our collection and use of your personal data varies depending on the manner and purpose for which we collected it.
We will only collect personal data from you when we have your consent to do so, or we need your personal data to perform a contract with you. For example, to process a payment from you, fulfil your order or provide customer support connected with an order, or the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, or we have a legal obligation to collect or disclose personal data from you.
We may use third party applications and browser cookies to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, testing, research, statistical data analysis and survey purposes;
- to improve our Sites to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
We may also use your personal information to send you updates (by email, text message, and push notifications) about our products, including exclusive offers, promotions or new products.
We will always treat your personal information with the utmost respect and never sell or share it with other organisations for marketing purposes.
We will only send you promotional communications where you have consented to this. You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time by using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in emails or ‘STOP’ number in texts.
Who we share your data with
The following third parties may access your personal data:
- third parties we use to help deliver our products to you, e.g. payment service providers, warehouses and delivery companies;
- third parties approved by you, e.g. social media sites you choose to link your account to or third party payment providers.
We only allow our service providers to handle your personal information if we are satisfied they take appropriate measures to protect your personal information.
How do we store your data?
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL/TLS technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share any password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long will we store your data?
We will keep your personal information while you have an account with us or we are providing products to you. Thereafter, we will keep your personal information for as long as is necessary, including to respond to any questions, complaints or claims made by you or on your behalf, to show that we treated you fairly; and/or, to keep records required by law.
We will not retain your personal information for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of personal information. Further details on this are available on request.
When it is no longer necessary to retain your personal information, we will delete or anonymise it.
What are cookies and how do we use them?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the websites.
We use persistent cookies and session cookies on our Site. We use persistent cookies to save your login information for future logins. We use session cookies to enable certain features of the Site, to better understand how you interact with the Site and to monitor aggregate usage by users and web traffic routing on the Site. Unlike persistent cookies, session cookies are deleted from your computer when you log off from the Site and then close your browser.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the Site and use a shopping basket.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to the Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the Site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
The more specific cookies we use include Google Analytics which collect information anonymously, including the number of visitors to the Site, where visitors have come to the Site from and the pages they have visited. We use this information to compile reports and to help us improve the Site. Google AdWords to track visits and orders placed from advertising on Google’s search and display network. This cookie is triggered when a user visits and makes a purchase via Google’s sponsored ads and is triggered on the confirmation page. Other third party cookies that collect anonymous user information based on clicks include Twitter (https://twitter.com/privacy), Facebook (https://en-gb.facebook.com/help/cookies) and Awin (https://www.awin.com/gb).
How to manage cookies
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Age of users
The Site is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13 do not use the Site, or provide any information about yourself including without limitation your name, address, email address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe that we may have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us via the information provided below.
Your privacy rights
Data protection laws give you a number of rights as set out below. If you would like to exercise any of your rights, please contact us in the information provided below, with details allowing us to confirm your identity.
- Access: you may request access to a copy of your personal information.
- Withdraw Consent: where our processing of your personal information is based on your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Rectification: you may ask us to rectify any inaccurate information we hold about you.
- Erasure: you may ask us to delete the personal information we hold about you, where there is no reason for us to continue to hold your information.
- Portability: you may ask us to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used, machine readable format, or you can ask us to send your information in this format to another controller.
- Object: you may object to our processing of your personal information.
- Restriction: you can ask us to restrict the personal information we use about you where you have asked for it to be erased or where you have objected to our use of it. If you are not happy with the way in which we process your personal information, or the way in which we handle any request by you to exercise your privacy rights, you may make a compliant to the ICO by visiting their website at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or on 0303 123 1113
Privacy policies of other websites
We may change this privacy notice from time to time—when we make any substantial or material changes, we will announce this on our main website homepage. This policy was last updated on 12/10/2019
How to contact us